Jozi Food Market – a quaint outdoor artisans’ market in the heart of the Northern Suburbs – based at the Pirates Sports Club, Braeside Rd, Parkhurst, Johannesburg.
The focus is on offering the finest fresh produce and innovative creations to patrons – the aim is to encourage the support of LOCAL small producers. Its a healthy and fun way to shop - its outdoors! Patrons can relax with a coffee/drink under trees, and there’s plenty of space for kids and dogs to play!
Market Open Hours: Every Saturday 08:30 – 13:00. Pirates Sports Club, 4th Ave Extension Parkhurst, Johannesburg
From: The Society for Animals in Distress | Sent: 09 December 2013 11:39 AM
Subject: THANK YOU FROM SAID
Thank you so much for giving SAID the opportunity to be a part of the Jozi Food Market on the 7th December.
I enjoyed the market tremendously.
SAID raised R1627.00 on the day.
Have a great day.
Tammy Harding Donor and Promotions Fundraiser
Jozi Food Market is busy undergoing a face lift! Yes indeed, she’s reached “that” age where most suburban ladies indulge in a little “nip tuck”.. if you feel that you have a product that would compliment the market and be a good addition, then please contact either Lee Anderson on +2776 469 8995 or Jacques Coetzee on +2773 719 3945 to set up an interview. We are currently searching for the following: a flower vendor/florist, potted (unusual) plants, mushroom grower, jewelry designer/jeweler, cured meats, olives and olive oil, dairy (milk & butter), chocolate, artisan beer producers and of course an artist/artists of sorts.
- Superb Lizingwe Biltong is a perfect match for couch rugby – made from the finest sirloin beef.
- Cabanossi from Polish Meats is great rugby side food.
- The freshest quality roasted cashew nuts from Laura’s Muesli stand.
- Delicious liver pate from Max, is a great accompaniment to Vovo Telo breads; our new bread stand at the market.
- Choose from 50 of Tracy’s soups – Ghoulash, Chicken and Almond and Oxtail are hearty Winter warmers.
- Enjoy a hearty Breakfast in Bread Bacon and Egg roll at Heartwood Smokehouse
- Arlene’s samoosas and rotis are hot comfort food!
- The Cadbury’s Faircrows Initiative will be at the market this Saturday – bring the kids to make up their own Faircrow dolls!
- Just this Saturday, there will be a divine range of soft Nappa leather handbags and purses for sale.
- Green Bean Coffee, The Chocolatier, Vicky’s Goodie Jar and Lizingwe Biltong make up some stunning gift packs.
- Mrs Van’s picnic blankets are a great treat for Mum’s and the family!
- New stands to visit for some taste sensations are
- Ian’s Scottish Salmon
- Hilton’s Sushi
- Alet and Grant’s delicious Mexican fajitas and take-home meals
- Margaret’s tea and scones are a wonderful treat for Mum on the day
- Heather’s chocolate cheesecake is heavenly
- All the usual favourites are there!
Annita, of the Cat Samaritan, single-handedly rescues and re-homes hundreds of cats, who have either been abandoned, left behind in complexes by owners who couldn’t care less about them, or cats who haven’t found homes by the time their owners have to leave the country for pastures greener…all the cats desperately in need of homes are shown below.
Please email Annita on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 083 634 0069, if you want to give a cat a home. Otherwise please could you donate any of the following items and leave them at the Jozi Market Table in the Cat Samaritan box.
- Assorted tinned food – Adult and/or kitten (Petleys, Pampers, Lucky Pet, Checkers Brand, PnP Tuna)
- Singles for adults and/or kittens (Friskies, Whiskas, Hills, Royal Canin or IAMS)
- Hill’s/Royal Canin/IAMS pellets for adults and/or kittens
- Cat litter (40kg bags obtainable at Cat Box Hyper)
- Towels and Blankets
- Scratch posts and Toys
- Baskets/kitty beds
- Jik/Bleach and Sunlight liquid
- Washing powder (automatic)
- Bowls – for kitties
- Ingrid introduces her fabulous range of biltong and dried wors – made from the finest cuts of meat and beautifully spiced
- Heather joins us for the first time with some yummy sweet offerings – see her chocolate cheesecake above for starters
- Archie makes a mean majito cocktail, and a superb Virgin Mary if alcohol isn’t your buzz!
- Celia’s tomato tarts need to be tasted to be believed – scrumptious!
- La Harna Farm has a super new range of Eric Todd Sauces which are a well-kept secret and need to be tasted to be believed
- Green Bean Coffee introduces a superlative new coffee from Zambia and a great Kenyan peaberry coffee too!
- Gaia Organic Teas are simply heavenly and healthy – you’ll never want a Twinning’s cuppa again once you’ve tasted this range
- Lollipop Lounge brings you everything sweetly decadent, from old fashioned lollipops, through peanut brittles to fab meringues!
- Jeffrey offers a superb range of gluten-free breads and cakes.
- Celia has a new range of delicious vegetarian tarts – try cherry tomato; asparagus; parmesan and thyme…
- Tracy’s two new lasagnas are a great excuse to take two nights off cooking – try the new beef, and the roasted red pepper variations.
- Max’s range of pates include chicken liver, snoek and salmon – yum!
- Treat you cats and dogs to pottery bowls from Take the Lead at the front of the market.
- Heartwood’s smoked ham shanks in honey and black treacle marinade
- Soup n Stuff’s new, delicious peanut satay chicken noodle soup
- La Cucina’s yummy brinjal pate and many more vegetarian ante-pasta treats
- Sue’s Karoo Lemon now also in Granadilla cordial – kids love this!
- Archie’s majitos with mint and lemon are a zippy way to enjoy the day!
- Green Bean Coffee’s new smooth, rich AAA Malawi coffee